Travel information for ALL VOLUNTEERS on ALL TRIPS must be submitted AT LEAST 30 days before the starting date of the trip. The sooner you can provide this information, the better. If we have not received your travel information by the deadline, you will be dropped from the trip. Once you have submitted this information, if the airline changes your flight, or other details of your plans are changed, please email us with any updates.
To submit your information you will need to have the following information:
- How you are getting to the meeting location:
- IF FLYING:
- Date / Airline / Airport/ Flight number / Time of arrival.
- We will ONLY need information for the last leg of the flight that is taking you to the meeting location.
- IF DRIVING:
- Names of any other volunteers traveling with you
- IF RIDING WITH ANOTHER VOLUNTEER:
- Name of driver you are traveling with.
- Who you will be traveling with during the actual trip (from meeting site to clinic locaitons, etc).
Your Travel Plans
Travel details (dates, meeting locations) for each trip are listed on the Schedule page, via the "VIEW DETAILS" link under the your particular trip. Be sure to check this information before making travel arrangements to be sure that you will be able to meet the team at the arranged meeting time.
Volunteers are responsible for transportation to and
from the designated meeting site, and all transportation during the trip. On some trips the team will move daily to a new site and you will need reliable transportation to each site.
We highly encourage you to arrange ride-shares with others on your clinic team both to conserve resources and to reduce the number of vehicles travelling with the caravan. A few months before your trip we will send out a list with contact information for others on your team. Renting a large van as a group is often the most economical route and allows you to share the adventure with team members from different locations.
If you have any questions, please contact us well in advance of your scheduled trip.